Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday GUEST Blog

4-4-12 dreaming brain
I'm enjoying listening to Ann do her Dreaming here..... me- I'm not sure what I'm dreaming about these days.... maybe that's my funk lately~ Judy


Just Dreamin’
A girl can dream, right? Today is April 4th and a year ago, was the last day Dad talked to me.
On April 3, 2011, he was intubated to let his lungs rest, from there he had several strokes on April 4th and passed away on April 6th.  Here is a pic of the USA Sports page from April 6th. Dad loved to read the USA paper.  

Before he passed, we agreed that he would move in with us and we were both looking forward to it. He would help me around the house and he knew there would be a “few rules” like cooking curry. I’m not sure how us rooming together would of worked, but I’m dreamin’ that I would come home to clean house, dinner ready and us watching DWTS, American Idol and America’s Got Talent….. just dreamin’.

What if I had a another child? I would of loved Robert to have a brother or sister, really hoping for a sister that I could mold in my image … haha. She could be my running buddy. If only … and just dreamin’.
Robert is 26 and one of my dreams may come true, he’s looking to move back to Ankeny … soon …really soon.


 I hear the mega million lottery is up to 500,000,000. Wow, what I could do with that money. I remember Dad being asked what he would do if he won the lottery, buy a car? Back in the day he said “he would get a nice fridge with ice and water on the door”. He was so piratical. Me, I would pay off my house, get a good lawyer to manage my finances, take my entire family on a big trip to Europe, and take my Dad back to Trinidad. Work, yep I probably would work for a few more days. Oh my, I will by a few tickets today …. Just dreamin’.



I want a scooter, period! My work-mate got this sweet ride last week and I’ve been seeing a few here and there. I want a scooter …. Somebody …. Gift me a scooter so I won’t have to say … just dreamin’.

On this Good Friday, April 6, 2012, I will do a little more than “just dreamin” to remember Dad. I will walk the cross at noon, go to mass, light his memory candle, gift his suits to a local charity, drive the Jeep and most of all, do a lot of crying. Then I can check off his 1 month, 6 month, his birthday and his 12 month passing. Going forward I only have to remember his birthday and April 6th
Now I can go back to … dreamin’ ……………. Just dreamin.
 Chat Later
That Girl, Ann Marie 

No comments:

Post a Comment