Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hometown visit

9-29-10 absent-minded brain

Life has been so busy, that I forgot to report on my weekend trip to my hometown a few weeks ago. Greg was doing some car thing in KC, and I since had to be in Iowa City giving training Monday thought Wednesday, I decided it would make sense to visit Charles City and go directly to Iowa City from there.

Here are a few pictures from that beautiful September weekend.

I visited the new suspension bridge site on the Cedar River. Construction was almost complete.






I saw some rocks by the river bank which looked like hearts to me.



I went by my friend Jean Ann's house, but no one was home that day. I left my "calling card" at her front door, but I haven't heard from her yet to know if she got my message.




Dad wearing his new Hawk T-shirt bought by Greg's Mom. We watched the game together sitting out on the back porch. The weather was oh so lovely that day!



Saturday night we had dinner out at the Bowling Alley and neighbor Bunny ate with us as usual. All in all, it was just the restful weekend I needed before my hectic training week.

No comments:

Post a Comment