Thursday, September 30, 2010

A little "wine"

9-30-10 struggling brain

I probably shouldn’t be blogging today since I am in a funk this week. Greg and I both are still slowly recovering from the flu, and my mood is dull and pessimistic at the moment.

Even worse, I am aware that many people, friends, friends of friends, my friend's families are suffering with their own current hardships. These really makes my situation look like I’m in a bed of roses, and not a bed of cough drops, Kleenex and Vick’s Vapor Rub.

There are big problems out there! Illness, end of life issues, divorce, betrayal, joblessness, loss of home, work stress and family stresses are having to be endured by many.

How can we cope? I’ll take suggestions here!

I know in the past, one thing which has helped me feel better is to return to writing in my gratitude journal. By really forcing myself to come up with 3 to 5 things every night which are “positive“, or made me smile during the day; this does re-focus my attention in the right direction. I can recommend this practice.

So here goes:
1. Memories of the dinner I had with my Allison Peace sisters last week makes me smile. It’s good to have people in your life to share the joys as well as the burdens. Note my special sized glass I get to use when I drink wine with Carolyn and Sue!



2. Friend Ann, sent me FB “get-well” greeting which made me smile!



3. I received a letter in the mail from Mom and Dad with beautiful pictures of autumn in Charles City.

4. I was able to sit outside for 30 minutes today without coughing and enjoyed some sunshine.

5. I’m grateful that Greg and I were together in the same town while we were sick, since it’s the pits being sick and alone. And I'm glad for the company of Clover, our KC cat. She's been by my side all week.

Well, at least I smiled a bit while I wrote this blog today!

2 comments:

  1. Get out of the funk is right. You have a lot to be thankful for, grateful for and you contribute to others happiness. You too make me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be suffering from a Vit A shortage. I need some carrots!

    ReplyDelete