Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday GUEST blog

7-20-11 relaxing brain
Ann's filling for me today, so I will relax as I read about Ann's upcoming trip. -Judy

Vacation Road Trip


My turn for a well earned vacation and up until last week, my itinerary was not complete. Before I share where I’m going, I never take a vacation day to stay home (oh yeah I did take one last year to clean the garage for my birthday party). Other than that, vacation days are meant for me hitting the roads and or jetting somewhere.

For the last two years, I’ve been going to Toronto for North America’s largest West Indian (as in Caribbean) parade. It’s called Cariabana and my Canadian family are well immersed in this festival/parade. I took my Dad and he thoroughly enjoyed the drive and our time in Toronto over the last two years.




Sad to say, while I will be excited for my drive, I will do my share of crying and missing my Dad. He would of loved this trip, even if he had to sit most of the time. He was such a good sport.

First, I’m driving to the East Coast to see my Dad’s brother in Hartford. So why not visit my favorite city on my way, that would be NYC. I’ll be staying three days in Times Square and will be doing a lot of nutty things. Then I’ll drive up to Hartford to see Uncle Mickey. My goal will be to get my Dad’s life story as he did not like to talk about his days in Trinidad. Did I say I’m from the island of Trinidad and Tobago?

Then I’ll be headed to Toronto unless I have some free time to go to Boston. Probably not, but I’ll see. Once I get to Toronto, I’ll be there for 5 days then home before you know it. It will take me 20 hours to drive to NYC, 2 hours to Hartford , 8 hours to Toronto and then 13 hours back to Des Moines. I know Judy is just dizzy reading this. Yes, I’ll be driving alone. Rats and double rats.

First, I’ve got to get my work done so I can get out of town. Enjoy the rest o your summer everyone.

Chat Later,

That Girl, Ann Maire

No comments:

Post a Comment