Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Ground Hogs Day

2-2-12 surprised brain
Ann wanted to write another blog this week ~Judy

Global Warming and Ground Hog’s Day

Oh my, what a winter we are having in Iowa. Mostly mild days, but this week, cant’ beat 65 degrees on Monday and 55 on Tuesday. All I can say, thank you Al Gore for pointing out the benefits of global warming.

 As I’m watching the Newt Romney showdown in the Sunshine State, I remembered February 2nd is around the corner, Groundhog’s Day! I’m so glad I took that exit off I80 last summer.


Here’s a recap:

 As I was motoring along, I noticed the sign for Punxsutawney, PA  and that alone got me to exit as Dad always chuckled when we saw the sign and when Groundhog’s Day came around.



So when I watch the coverage today, I can say … dang, I’ve been there. When they show the infamous hotel, Pantal Hotel, I can say I’ve been there and slept in Bill Murray’s room,  Room 304.




And yes, I met the Ice Man, one of the officiates at the ceremony. He told me that people come at the wee early hours of the morning. Seems foolish, but I did get up at 4 am to see Morning Joe.




Happy Groundhog’s day to all and regardless of Phil’s shadow, 6 more weeks of winter.



Chat Later
That Girl, Ann Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment