Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday GUEST Blog from Ann

2-1-12 resting brain
Grateful that Ann is still posting her guest blogs on Wednesday! I am in a better frame of mind and may actually blog once next week ~Judy


Year of The Dragon ~ Happy Chinese New Year

With a name like Chee You, one would think Chinese New Year would be an annual event. Sad to say, NOT. Well as the President said “no sense crying over spilled milk”. Haha, hehe, haha.

I did some checking on the web to find out what The Year of the Dragon means:
“Chinese holiday traditions include forgiving past conflicts, hosting elaborate feasts, setting off fireworks and giving children money in red envelopes. The Year of the Dragon is believed to bring success and happiness, while other animals bring other blessings during their years. The celebrations last 15 days after New Year’s, and on the final day a lantern festival takes place in which red lanterns are hung outside houses all over China.” Interesting, very interesting and if someone wants to pass some money in a red envelope to me, I’ll gladly accept it.
I found this video of what the Year of the Dragon means to the Chinese people. (sorry John and Jean).
http://video.nytimes.com/video/2012/01/23/world/asia/100000001306948/year-of-the-dragon.html

No fireworks here, but the Peace Sisters celebrated the Year of The Dragon last week. I had a certificate to cash in and what better timing. Here are a few pics of the dinner: sushi rolls, Sue, Carolyn, Judy and me. The food was yummy, company great as usual and the wasabi …. Dangerous, just sayin’.




Speaking of Chinese, I love going to Chinatown in big cities. I took Dad to Chinatowns in Toronto, Chicago, DC and Los Angeles. I’ve been to Chinatown in San Francisco and I must say, that is the best Chinatown in the country.

So what year were you born in? I looked it up and I was born in the Year of the Rat. Really a Rat? Well, here’s what in store for the Rat in 2012. |
Rat (born 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008) 
“Romance is expected to blossom and careers will peak for the Rat, who is a risk taker,” says Chung. Chung believes that the Rat must take risks but not aim to defeat everyone. “It is in the rat’s nature to hide indoors, but the rat should head out into the world this year,” explains Chung, “and the Rat is the sign most likely to profit financially in 2012.
Source:
http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/node/614791

Well, I have a lot of work for this GOP girl to hit it big time in 2012. The lottery may be my ticket in 2012.

Chat Later,

That Girl, Ann Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment