Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekend Report

5-6-12 relaxing brain
I'm posting today since the next few days are going to be extra busy for me with some extra-curricular activities- I'll report on later this week.

Greg was in Des Moines this weekend and we had a fun day on Saturday, which started off with breakfast at Chefs with neighbor friends. Then - since it is now THAT time of year.... not football time.... but CAR SHOW time... we participated in this fun event.


The Gortz Haus is a very cool Bistro, Art Gallery, Gift Shop, Flower Shop... all in an old church in Grimes, Iowa- not far from Des Moines. I know many of you have been there with me and  this is one of my favorite places to eat, although I don't make it there but once a year it seems lately.

I talked to Betty, the owner, and she still wants me to bring some of my art out there to sell.... I'll get around to it one of these days. !!

This was a British Car Club Show, and I love the old cars, but the Club also welcomes those of us with new Mini Coopers to be a part of their group.



 Greg has my green Mini all shined up and looking new for a 10 year old car!


Before the car show, Ann and I ventured downtown to check out "The Market" which is a Homemade Arts and Crafts Sale held once a month down at the Kirkwood Hotel.  We were checking this out as a possible venue for me to sell some of my Peace Art.... and Ann to sell her wool mittens. I believe I will give it a try once this summer, if I am accepted- I need to  apply first. The booths are NOT too expensive.

Saturday evening, Greg and I dined out with Ann and Roy, some of our church friends, and we had a delightful evening of conversation with them. 

We had a brief thunderstorm this morning, but the sun has come out and I think I should now go outside and enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment