Thursday, May 31, 2012

End of May

5-31-12 confused brain
I can't even keep track of what day of the week it is- probably due to holiday on Monday, but I see that this is the last day of May. May has been a fun month, but I guess I'm ready for June, although it is starting out a bit cool weather wise.

Yesterday morning, I woke to a surprise in the yard..... My front garden was full of beavers! Cute, friendly beavers!  Living in Beaverdale neighborhood of Des Moines, I really wasn't surprised by seeing beavers.... but I was surprised  seeing that so many of these guys had been placed in my yard.


It turned out to be a fund raiser for the Beaverdale Fall Festival. My neighbor Sue made a donation and then got to pick where there beavers would visit. Now I too am choosing to make a donation, and will select a visiting house in the area..... who will be blessed by beavers next?



 (I wonder if I could copy this idea and have multiple peace signs put in people's yard ??... that could be kind of cool! )



Tuesday night I got to visit with my art teacher Mary, whom I haven't seen in about two years. Oh how I miss her and just our brief visit together was so inspiring to me. Mary is the type of older women I hope to evolve into someday. Busy, active and young in spirit.... well into her 70's. If I only had the time to take another class from her..... ??

Well, at this point I just can't add one more thing into my schedule. Retirement is sounding good to me again now- yet this week I have been very productive at work.... and valuable too.

Guess I'm still split between living this crazy life awhile longer.

Also Wednesday night I had an hour long phone conversation from my old roommate LuAnn, who now is living happily in Texas with her 3rd husband. Her life has turned around 180 degrees and she is inspiring to me as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment