Sunday, June 10, 2012

Back in DM

6-10-12 happy brain
Back in DM this afternoon in time to participate in my church's booth down at the Pride Festival. I didn't make the parade, but spent 2 hours in the booth with 90 degree temps and strong breeze. The wind both helped and hurt. Had a cooling effect or affect (I can't remember Renee which is correct), but also the winds dried you out. So I came home and ate ice cream.... a whole pint! OK, so tomorrow, back to no sugar foods.



I had a fun week in KC with Greg, and I was in the mind frame again of enjoying my split life, appreciating what each city has to offer.

In KC, at one of our usual weekend breakfast places, they bring your bill to your table in an old book. We've seen some interesting books cross our path. This Saturday was my favorite one so far. It was called The Prophet written in 1923 by Kahlil Gibran. The book was a college graduation gift to someone by the inscription  in side cover.

There was a great section on Love.... and I liked the few pages on Marriage! The owner of the book had written in "Best Advice Ever".   I liked the words above that..... "let there be spaces in your togetherness, and let the winds of the heavens dance between you"...... fits Greg and I!







































I'll write more on the weekend report tomorrow.... I sure hope we get some rain tonight. It's dry here in DM. Storms are forming out in western Iowa, so I'm hopeful!




2 comments:

  1. Is there anyone from the 70's who didn't own The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran?! Sounds like a good weekend and a good week with Greg :)
    The wind had a cooling effect because the wind affected you negatively - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee Renee, I only had Jonathan Livingston Seagull in the 70's! Guess I missed out.

    ReplyDelete