Thursday, June 7, 2012

We R what we EAT!

6-7-12 healthy brain
I am enjoying a productive work week in KC. I'm away from "my art stuff" for the most part this week and enjoying the not-too-hot-summer weather with evening walks. No TV viewing this week. Last night Molly came over and we walked, then Greg, Molly and I went out to eat. Greg was busy working with a guy who was fixing the sprinkler system.

Mostly we have been eating at home this week- which is a bit different, but I started a no-sugar eating just after Memorial Day until July 4th. When I'm back in my hometown over the 4th we tend to do as much eating of good food as we do at Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I want to go into the 4th holiday under control.

It's been 10 days so far, and I've done pretty well..... even more than just NOT eating sugar foods... I've been eating healthy foods and I must say, I'm feeling better and pretty steady energy- thus I am able to be more productive at work I believe.

Here is one of my favorite breakfasts: microwaved Yam (about 4 to 5 minutes in a covered dish) then add a bit of butter and cinnamon. Steamed spinach, pouched egg with pepper.


Here is a typical lunch: tuna with 1/2 avocado; on steamed spinach and strawberries.


I'll sure be looking forward to the homemade Ice Cream, special Flag Cake, Chips, Cookies.... etc which make of an important part of the 4th July vacation time.... no wonder Americans are increasingly overweight!

No comments:

Post a Comment