Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Wednesday GUEST Blog

7-4-12 celebration brain


Hip Hip Hooray for the Red White and Blue - Independence Day – July 4, 2012

Taking a short break to jot down a few random thoughts spinning in my nutty head.

Weather: What is happening with this weather, coast to coast? Fire out West, wicked storms out East and hot-hot-hot everywhere in-between. All I can say, thank you electric provider for the juice for the AC. Marine Dude John, what up with your love/hate relationship with AC?  I’ll post this picture of a proud Marine with his service picture. Hope you were in the parade today John!



Music:  I’ve got the music bug in me these days, listening to John Mayer and Muford n’ Sons. I posted this “if you see me jumping, I’m listening to .Mumford and Sons, if you see me daydreaming, listening to John Mayer.” Oh, not to forget Maroon 5/Adam Levine’s new CD. Love that too. Judy and I went to see my favorite singer Bonne Finken two weeks ago. Not often you see me lounging.



Politics: Final answer, Affordable Health Care Act is a TAX, now congress deal with that. States, you have a big decision on what to do with Medicaid. The ’12 election will be very interesting.

News Round-Shame on NBC for their decision on replacing Ann Curry, they really showed that their #1 asset is not their people. Good grief! TomKat is getting the big D, he’s an odd duck. Speaking of TomKat, Judy and I want our money back and 2 hours of our Saturday. You really fell flat in Rock of Ages. Still shaking my head.

Back to the 4th , I’m going to enjoy my day off. I’ll be headed on the 3rd to Des Moines Yankee Doodle Pops at the Capitol. Cant’ tell you how much I love the pomp and circumstance of the 4th. Oh how I love watching A Capitol Fourth. I’ll miss Dad again this year, he would call me saying “are you watching the show?”  Several years ago, we went to Chicago to see the fireworks at Navy Pier. We walked about a mile w/ chairs to see the fireworks. Thinking of that puts a smile on my face. 

I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July. And when the Symphony plays the Armed Forces melody, I will proudly march to the Air Force, Army, Marines, Navy and Coast Guard songs.



Chat Later, That Girl
Ann Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment