Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday GUEST Blog

8-1-12 mid week brain


Olympic Fever
In the dogs days of Summer and in the midst of the Presidential election, why not have Olympic Fever! The Olympics is something I look forward to and so did Dad. He would be watching the competition cover to cover, calling me to say “are you watching Trinidad playing/running right now or you know Ato Boldon was once the fastest man at 100 meter dash (he’s now a NBC broadcaster}”. Yes, another milestone to check off the list.

As I was thinking of the Games, I looked up the past host Countries, going back to 1896. Geez, I was very surprised that I’ve been to many of them:
USA: Los Angeles, Saint Louis, Atlanta, Salt Lake City
Europe: London, Paris, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich, Rome, Moscow, Barcelona, Charmonix,
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Innsbruk . I have this poster at home. 


Wow, I’m stunned by this list, 12 in European and four USA host cities. By the list, I have a lot more travel on my bucket list. In the meantime, I’ll be glued to the tube and enjoying the back stories, the views of London and not to mention the competition and the trash talking.

So what am I looking forward to?

First up, the opening and closing ceremony. The opening was absolutely fantastic and I wished I’d gone out to see it on the big TV in the garage. While watching, I managed to cook, bake a pie, do a load of laundry. I’m so glad that NBC did not go to commercial break when Trinidad was announced. I got this picture  off Lolo Jones FB page. A Des Moines native, she’s running the 200 hurdles. She came so close in Beijing. Good luck Lolo.


My eyes will be glued to gymnastics, swimming, diving, track n’ filed and basketball. However, I did enjoy the cycling last weekend.  And yes, I took time off for some fun on Saturday night. Thanks Judy for coming out with your posse.

Back to the Tube, so much to see and so much to do (yes, I’ll get back to my vacation write-up). Gotta run.
Chat Later, That Girl
Ann Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment