Friday, October 21, 2011

What's new?

10-21-11 nose to the grind stone brain

What's new with me? .....NOT MUCH, how about you?
This week Greg has been out of town for work, and thus I have been spending most of my week in KC alone with the cat. This was suppose to be my week to re-connect with Greg.... so I was feeling a bit lonely the first part of the week. It was cold and gloomy outside and I didn't leave the house for 3 and a half days...... just was getting a lot of work done... and reading.

Wednesday night, Molly came to the house for awhile and we did some Zumba exercise together. This is kind of a Latin dance music type of exercise. I have a DVD.  It was a good work out for us. Molly and I realized we didn't move like we use to move back in the mid-80's when we took aerobic exercise dance classes together, back when Molly lived in DM.

I am also a bit bummed that I didn't get to see my sister and niece during their Iowa visit this week, so I will just have to look forward to our time together over Xmas break.

This week I did finish a book I had started a few weeks ago.... I really got into it, and several nights was awake past my bed time reading this fascinating story. Book called "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan". This was a story set in the past in China and showed how the women lived..... back when foot binding was the culture for women. Google "foot binding" to learn more about this and see pictures! Wow- so bizzare to think this was highly valued.... but women were not highly valued except when they gave birth to a son...... we've come a long way baby..... but I think we still have a ways to go.

Not much else exciting to report here- my blog's are getting boring it seems, so unless I have something exciting to write about, I won't be posting every day.

I should have a blog on Monday to report on some fun Greg and I hope to have this weekend. The weather is suppose to warm up in KC to 68 degrees this weekend. I'll be thinking of my sister and niece at the Iowa Game on Saturday!

Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment