Friday, October 22, 2010

Pumpkin Soup

10-22-10 hungry brain
Sunday evening when my sister Jan arrived earlier than I thought, I felt I needed to make us a healthy dinner. Since I was sick last month, I made the decision to try to eat healthier and have started to seek out, collect and alter recipes which will work for me.

Here is one recipe I like.
MY criteria: Simple, fast, healthy and not too many ingredients

Pumpkin Soup
15 oz canned pumpkin (not pumpkin mix)
1 Cup Chicken broth
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon curry powder
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
2 Cups Fat Free Half & Half
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, add as much to your taste)

Whisk/stir this all together, then heat up.



I served this soup with homemade corn bread and a chicken breast which I bought from my grocery store's Deli.

No comments:

Post a Comment