Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend report

3-28-11 dancing brain
Currently I am watching Dancing with the Stars as I quickly post this evening.
Greg kept me so busy over the weekend, I didn’t have time to think about blogging. I was hoping to find spring in KC, since the trees here are starting to bud out and the yellow forsythia began to bloom last week. However, this weekend winter came back with snow showers. I guess this was good in some respect, since I have been running on low energy for the last few weeks, the colder weather made for a prefect weekend of sleeping and movie viewing.

We saw two movies: the comedy called “Cedar Rapids” and a thriller call “The Adjustment Bureau. I enjoyed both of these. Other activities included Saturday dinner out with neighbors Kim and Terry to the Thai restaurant Molly turned us onto several weeks ago,called "Hot Basil". We also met Molly Saturday for lunch and we three explored a vintage market, not far from our house.

Molly spotted a funky brownish-green jacket in my size. I liked it a lot, but I did remember my blog statement about not needing anymore clothes for a while…. So this lead me to get Greg’s opinion. He said the jacket was not flattering on me, which was enough for me to set it back on the rack.

So rather than spend money on clothes, I was next drawn to a funky piece of furniture, which I felt would look really cool in our KC house. Greg liked it too, but we didn’t buy it Saturday. Instead I thought more about it overnight, and we decided to take a second look on Sunday afternoon. We then brought it home.

I really like the addition in our living room.


Since I am hanging with Greg this week, don’t expect my usual routine of posting on my blog. It will be sporadic. You can look forward to Ann having another guest blog this week though.

1 comment:

  1. I do like the red piece but where did you put the chest? Have a great week in KC and see in April.

    ReplyDelete