Friday, March 25, 2011

Working for the weekend

3-25-11 grateful brain
Whenever I start to think that the life I lead is too much of a whirlwind, I just have to spend some time with my best high school friend Jean Ann. On Thursday, Jean Ann was in town for a day, since her husband was attending a conference, and Jean Ann and I took the time to see each other over lunch.


Boy, lunch was nice…. I was showered and made myself presentable at least for one day this week. I should do lunch out at least one day per week I think, when I’m in Des Moines working alone. It’s good for my soul and I came back and worked harder and longer after having a nice mid-day break.

I can’t begin to tell you all of the activities Jean Ann has been up to, but Jean Ann is one of those who work hard, and play hard. Over the years I have noticed that I seem to have surrounded myself with people like Jean Ann. They are motivated and energetic…. And it rubs off on me a little bit.

If left to myself, I can tend to be a home-body, happy to just space out with my thoughts, my paints or a good book.

Jean Ann’s college age son Kalin also ate lunch with us. We dined at Djando in the Hotel Fort Des Moines.

1 comment:

  1. It may take a village to raise a child, but it takes good friends to keep the body and soul in check. So happy to be part of your pack Judy. Have a great weekend ...wherever you are.

    Yes, you should do lunch out more often ... hold the pickels, ketchup, mustard, mayo, bread ... I'll just have the burger on a bed of lettece ... something you would say? haha

    ReplyDelete