Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More ART in Des Moines

11-10-09 artistic brain
After Greg, Molly and I finished up at the Metro Art Festival, we had to go show Molly the new sculpture garden in downtown Des Moines.

My favorite is the “letter man”…. That’s what I call it, and if I was “with it” today, I’d look up the official title and the artist, but I’m lucky just to get this posted today. Maybe I can rely on Ann to comment and include that information for me. Ann is a great resource person when I don’t have Greg and his Blackberry to google answers for me.



I also like the “horse” sculptures and the spider, both of which the KC Art Centers have a version in their collections too. Note: we were not touching the art, we only made it look like we were.







Our last sinful splurged of the day, after a little more shopping then dinner, was dessert at Dairy Queen. Ice cream is not usually my choice in November, but when the temperature hits 73, it just seemed like the right thing to do to celebrate the Indian summer weather.

1 comment:

  1. Judy, it's called Nomade by Spanish artist Jaume Plensa. I think he is in town this week.

    Nice 2 days of write up.

    ReplyDelete