Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My parents' old pictures

11-4-09 honoring brain
More old pictures today, since I was playing Bunko last night with a group of women, filling in for regular player who has the flu.I'll keep this post short and sweet!

This December our family will be helping Mom and Dad celebrate their 60th Wedding Anniversary.




Mom always had a crush on Paul Newman and she thought Paul Newman looked like Dad ..... or Dad looked like Paul Newman. Here in this picture I can see the resemblance.



Mom and Dad were married 5 years before my sister finally came along. I'm sure they came to a point of being discouraged, but the lesson of patience, honoring and trusting "God's" timing was important. I believe since my parents had these 5 years together as a couple without children, this gave them a stronger relationship and made them better parents.



After all these years, I'm still trying to figure out which parent I take after the most in appearance. I guess I have Dad's nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment