Monday, April 19, 2010

Sabbatical Day

4-19-10 seeking the spirit brain
The weather was delightful this weekend in Iowa. Sunny and low 60's.

Sunday afternoon several neighbor friends (my Peace Sisters) were lucky enough to enjoy the beautiful spring afternoon out at a private lake/big pond, south of Des Moines. It's Carolyn's sister's place, they call Jay's Lake.... This was a short sabbatical from the busyness of spring cores.


It was nice to relax a bit, since Saturday Greg and I did some yard work at the Des Moines house and I was feeling worn out. Funny how my body gets more easily stiff and sore after only a few hours of work. There was more work to be done, but knew it was important to rest on Sunday, so I could start the work week off energized.


Here are a few pictures of the spring country side. We enjoyed the healing effects of nature, friendship, and just a little wine too.



No comments:

Post a Comment