Thursday, September 1, 2011

Welcome September

9-1-11 surprised brain
WHAT is it really the first of September? It was 100 degrees again in KC yesterday, it sure still feels like August!

Can you tell I’m feeling lazy about blogging lately? Glad Ann has been able to fill in extra for me. I’m not sure why I’m feeling uninspired to write…. I guess not so much excitement this time of year, and after our trip to Colorado there is just pretty much work deadlines in my life for the first part of September.

My broken toe is finally feeling OK and I’m able to walk on it now without whining. The last few weeks were interesting because of that. I found it was actually kind of nice being forced to slow down my pace of activities, sit more with my feet up, and start to get into the autumn mind set. Now if only the weather would cooperate.
I’m looking forward to visiting my parents over the upcoming holiday weekend. I must be weird to think this, but none the less, I like being back in my childhood home with Mom, Dad and Greg.... this is still my favorite place to be on the planet earth. It’s a place I can relax and feel unconditionally loved and cared for. Greg too enjoys his time there.  Now when the rest of the family joins us there, the energy level shifts a bit to more fun, silliness and mayhem at times. This too in its own right is enjoyable, but for total relaxation, I prefer having Mom and Dad all to myself.

Next week, I will be giving two presentations/training. One at the Fall Iowa Cancer Registrars Association meeting, and the other is teaching College of Public Health Students about the State Cancer Registry. Once this is over, I am happy to know I have some fun activities planned in mid- September.

Stay tuned.... I may not post every day and you will also hear more of Ann's travels this summer. Happy September!

2 comments:

  1. What a nice post Judy! I am sooooo envious - having lost my mom so early in life and my dad living so far away, I always feel a little bit "incomplete". God has truly blessed you with so much time with your parents! Have a wonderful Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree Keley, since I was single well into my 30's and without kids and a family of my own, I knew I was blessed to still be close to my orginial family.

    ReplyDelete