Tuesday, December 13, 2011

GUEST Blog Part 1

12-13-11 vacant brain
Two from Ann this week~ Judy



Sin City ~ Las Vegas for Birthday Celebration! Part 1
Birthday gift number two, five-day trip to Las Vegas, this time road-tripping by air with the Clark sisters (now living in KC), celebrating a birthday milestone in their hometown. The sisters are good friends from  ’05 and ’06 Drake trip. Here’s a pic of the sisters, Judy and me in ’06.
             

The last time I went to Vegas was a family road trip 15 years ago. Other than staying at the Mandalay Bay, not much was done with two small kiddos. This time, on the to-do list: eat, see the lights on the strip, shopping, a Vegas show, Red Rock Canyon and Hoover Dam.
I flew down on Friday after work and the Kansas City gang came in at noon on Saturday. Geez, I haven’t flown in a long time and with a late night arrival, I decided to rent a car and arrive at the Clark home by 12:30 am. Flight went well and when I arrived at the car rental, I got an upgrade, Fusion or Caravan? Taking into account five of us, I chose the soccer mom van and left the airport at midnight for the 25 minute drive. Well, who doesn’t get lost coming out of the airport, then go South instead of North, then exit and not find the house. I tried so hard not to call anyone, but ended up calling Natalie at 12:30 am. Geez, I was within a block. It’s been a long time navigating without my GPS.
 

Saturday morning I ran around with mom Clark, while marveling at the mountains, the view was simply breathtaking. The rest of the day was spent relaxing before a great homemade dinner. Sunday morning we drove to Red Rock Canyon. What a beautiful place and I could of stayed there for hours. However, we were strapped for time, so only went on one very small hike. Again, amazing and these photos speak for themselves.
         

After lunch and some homemade “toxic” margaritas, we regrouped and headed out to the H’haus, old fashioned German beer hall. We have fond memories of the H’haus in Munich.
            


Monday breakfast at “Hash Hash A GoGo” (with a name like that, I had to go), shopping at the outlet mall, specifically the Coach store. My, these girls really know how to pamper themselves. Monday night was reserved for the birthday celebration dinner at the Stratosphere “Top Of The World” restaurant, then to see David Copperfield and the lights of the Vegas Strip. Thank you parents for treating the birthday gang. The view was fantastic and the dinner, yummy!



The Vegas Copperfield was good, but really, would not see another one. There’s only so much you can do on a small stage. To round out the night, you can’t beat the lights of Vegas. Tomorrow, Boulder City and Hoover Dam.
Chat Later,
That Girl, Ann Marie



No comments:

Post a Comment