Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The "gift" of ART

1-19-10 creative brain
I don't know if or when I will ever "make a living" with my art, however I do get some commissions from time to time, but what I really enjoy is using my art to create special gifts and surprises for people.

My latest opportunity came last week. My bosses father had died and my coworkers decided to take up a donation for a tree memorial. I thought I would as least draw a tree and make into a special card that could be sent with the money.... but then I got inspired to do a small painting of a tree using my abstract acrylic technique.

My joy came when I heard from my boss that this money donation AND artwork was a great surprise for her.....She was touched deeply, and loved the painting.

I guess that is what art should be all about..... creating JOY!

(8x8 inch; "Family Tree" shown here on my fireplace mantle)

No comments:

Post a Comment