Sunday, January 3, 2010

Serendipity Sunday: chasing Amy

1-3-10 perplexed brain
I'm in Kansas City this week and unfortunately there is really not much difference between KC and Iowa at this moment in time. Both places have snow and cold temperatures.

Here is the deck in KC. Greg tells me the average high in KC this time of year should be mid 30's! I was looking forward to that.... looks like I will have to wait until my next trip here to see warmer temperatures.

Yesterday Greg and I bought ourselves a post Christmas gift. This Asus netbook.



An explanation for my Dad is that this is smaller than a regular laptop computer, put larger than an iphone or Blackberry. The basic use is for email when you travel. So this is my connection when I'm visiting KC and want to surf the Internet and not use my work laptop.

This netbook is named "Amy".... it came with that name, since it once briefly, it appears, to have belonged to someone named Amy, who by total freak of accident due to some strange technology I stumbled into her blog.... still can't figure that out....??

It was like moving into a new house and being haunted by the ghost of the previous owner.... leaving me wondering and thinking about who this Amy is. I want to meet her and talk to her. Amy's blog only lasted for about a month and her last post was Dec 21st.

Oh how I love a good mystery.... Sweet Serendipity!

I did leave a comment on Amy's blog and hope she will come visit me on my blog soon.


PS: To explain further, we bought this netbook "open box" at Best Buy... it had been returned, but the Geek Squad thoroughly examined it to be in perfect working condition, thus we got it "used" and even more on sale. It seems to be working perfectly fine for me... but wondering why Amy returned it..... perhaps she no longer needed it?

2 comments:

  1. maybe Amy IS the computer :) do-do-do-doooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. she returned it because she missed having a CD/DVD drive or perhaps she went to the dark side and splurged for a I-MAC or worse case senario, she is no longer w/ us?

    ReplyDelete