Friday, January 22, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends!

1-22-10 depressed brain
It’s been 7 weeks of either snow, below zero temps, fog, or ice…. The ice is the worst! Yesterday I was starting to feel very trapped in the house. I heard that the main roads are OK, since they have been treated, but it’s the sidewalks, driveway and our neighborhood street which have a thick layer of ice AND have me home bound.

And so…..I’m starting to loose it….. My sanity!
This winter weather is finally starting to wear me down.

This week especially, I think I’m struggling with the lack of sunlight. I can’t remember the last time I saw the sun…. I almost rather have the below zero temperatures with a sunny day, than this overcast and fog.

Luckily last night, my neighborhood girlfriends came to my rescue. Sue drove me up to Ace Hardware and I brought some sand for the sidewalk and driveway, and I bought a pair of YaxTraxs which clip on my shoes to help with walking on ice. Then we joined Carolyn and Deb over at Chefs for dinner.

After that we went over to Deb’s to learn how to play on her Wii Dance. We had fun, got some exercise and laughed at our lack of coordination.

So Thanks gals, you helped cheer me up…. Which I needed, and may need this weekend if Greg can’t make to back to Des Moines. More bad weather is predicted for the weekend.

I try to keep focused on the positive… I still have power at this point, and many people don’t because of the ice on the tree limbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment