Saturday, May 14, 2011

Surprise Guest Blog!

5-14-11 working brain
Thanks Ann for volunteering to fill in for me while I'm off at my National Conference!

From time to time, someone will ask me “Ann do you plan on staying here (in Iowa) the rest of your life”? Before formulating a smarty pants response, I say to myself “where else would I go, my roots, immediate family and great friends are in Iowa”? Sure I’ve seen the world, traveled to most of the States, but I’ve lived in Iowa for two-thirds of my life and unless I win the lottery, Iowa is my home. And besides, that’s what vacations are for, busting out of your hometown. And busting out I do.


Last weekend, the Des Moines Register printed the annual Vacation Iowa insert and I said to myself, geez, I saw a lot of these places on my “50 Things To See and Do” last fall. I’ve not had the opportunity to share some of the sights so I asked Judy if she needed a break from blogging while she was in Orlando for her annual meeting. Yes, the structure of writing is fueling my soul. Have a great trip Judy and I’ll keep the blog going and make your proud!

I will be posting three articles on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Look forward to some interesting pictures and short vignettes about Iowa.

Chat Later,

That Girl, Ann Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment