Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Metamorphosis







2-24-09 cramped brain


It’s late February and I am feeling that faint, subtle stirring inside my warm cocoon. The length of daylight is noticeably longer. The sun’s rays actually warm my back as I walked over to the grocery store at noon. Spring is on its way and I’m feeling that urge to transform into a new being.

In January, I entered my cocoon, foregoing art classes and I even took a sabbatical from my church committee work. I have isolated myself somewhat to focus on the task before me. The last two months have been a whirlwind of change and house projects, along with emotional reflection and trying to visualize a new life in Kansas City……. Today, I realize now I have let myself slide to the bottom of my priority list. I haven’t had my hair cut since November, my skin is drying up, and I’m feeling gross. I’m longing to break out of my winter cocoon and fly into the new season of spring! Usually this would be the time to take our annual mini vacation to southern Missouri visiting the Big Cedar Lodge- cabin, however this year I believe it won't happen. BUT today is "fat Tuesday" and tomorrow Ash Wednesday........It’s a perfect time to prepare….... not only for Easter, but for new life and SPRING ..... I think I’ll start with a haircut this week.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good week for a haircut...your $25 will help out the economy, consider the throwback look, grow your hair long. My post of yesterday, it's a story line from the Wrestler. Now you need to see it to understand it. Hope all is well w/ Dad.

    ReplyDelete