Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rejuvenation


2-25-09 Rejuvenation brain

Greg and I often enjoy a spring retreat to Big Cedar Lodge this time of year and stay in a cabin on Table Rock Lake. We purposely make this mini vacation all about relaxing, connecting and communing with nature and each other. At this special place I can rediscover a powerful force, my creative spirit. In 2006, this poem just poured out from me in that most surprising, wonderful and satisfying exchange of energy. This painting was done a few years earlier and I have named both the painting and poem "Rebirth", done with Ash Wednesday in mind. (sorry the correct formating of the poem didn't come through, I need to learn better how to do my blog posts)


Rebirth

Upon my forehead,
Ashes have been placed.
The season of renewal calls to me-
Step away,
Step away,
Turn off the noise,
Put down the remote,
Stop the channel surfing.
Step away
Step away,
Turn off the distractions,
Disconnect from the web,
Stop the browsing.
Step away,
Step away,
Fold up the newspaper,
Declare a moratorium on headlines of doom,
Turn away from cynicism.
Step away,
Step away,
Step into-
The open meadow- greening,
With hidden treasures at my feet,
On my knees, much is revealed.
Step away,
Step away,
Step into-
This spring time- new with hope,
40 days,
What sacrifice will I make?
Step away,
Step away,
What will I do with the rest of my life?
When cold death turns into resurrection-
And my rebirth!
Step away,
Step away.
- Judy Sebern Beachy March 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment