Saturday, February 28, 2009

As February comes to a close



2-28-09 satisfied brain
Sometimes what you think you want..... is not always what you need.

I found that to be true for "men"..... and in my experience with trying to find Mr. Right...... this also turns out to be true in finding a new house in Kansas City, along with the need for patience and prayer!

We were looking in the Brookside area, since we liked that area and the walk-ability to restaurants and shopping, similar to what we have in Beaverdale area of Des Moines. But I believe Greg found the right house for us in a different part of town, "old" Leawood area off Leawood Boulevard on 90th St (for those of you who might know the area.).... it's a nice little ranch with a LARGE garage!


I'm in KC this weekend so Greg could take me to see the house today and our friend Molly joined us. (KC is getting beautiful snow today!) Molly and I both agreed with Greg that this is a perfect fit in so many ways...... However, I'm sure going to miss hanging out at the Plaza when I spend time in KC. The apartment here was a good temporary solution as we worked through how we envisioned our lives to be for the next 5 to 10 years...... basically until I retire.


Picture: new house- Kitchen opens into family type room. All very nicely updated, move in ready! Molly is standing in the kitchen taking the picture.







Saturday UPDATE on my Dad:

Dad is back home and "doing well today" is the report I got from my sister this morning.

He did have a bit of a fainting spell last evening, after dinner and after his blood pressure medicine was taken. We are still wondering if there is a connection. Dad has some follow up appointments in Iowa City in 3 weeks, done outpatient, to continue to assess his heart and to help him decide if he is willing to under go the brain aneurysm surgery.






No comments:

Post a Comment