Saturday, May 2, 2009

May Day Mystery!

5-2-09 perplexed brain
For some reason I thought May 1st was on Saturday this year. Sad to say, that means my May Baskets will be late. I did put one together late Friday afternoon and delivered to a neighbor, but worked on the rest Friday evening.


I was pleased with this one I created and happy that I still had daffodils blooming in the yard to include fresh flowers.

However, to my surprise and delight, when Greg and I arrived home from dinner Friday night, I found this fabulous gift on the front porch. Seeing no obvious gift card enclosed, my brain instantly ran through a list of neighbors whom I thought might have created such a wonderful May Basket. (Plant, gardening gloves, seed packet and cute butterfly stake)


Then I realized the true BLESSING was that not only could this come from several neighbor friends who wanted to surprise us, but I could think of at least two other possible friends, either living in Ankeny or Urbandale, that would be inclined to deliver such a gift…. Then I was even suspicious of my husband (not creating this gift himself, but buying it for me)….. I LOVE a good mystery and some mysteries don’t have to be solved to be truly enjoyed.

Thank you sweet mystery!

UPDATE 7:00 AM: I was able to deliver my May Baskets undetected this morning.... everyone was still asleep. Newspapers still remained on door steps and blinds were closed.

1 comment:

  1. love it! i wondered why you were making may baskets last night! now I know! Happy May 2nd!

    ReplyDelete