Monday, May 4, 2009

Season's firsts

5-4-09 worn out brain

It’s Sunday evening and this will be my post for Monday. I didn’t do any major blogging all weekend…. I guess that was a good thing but now I’m in a funk and not in the best mood to write. I think I am just tired after a busy weekend. It was one gorgeous weekend here in Des Moines. Today was about as perfect as it gets, sunny and warm. The flowering trees are at their peak.

It was a day of “firsts” for the season. The first time Greg got the grill out and he grilled hamburgers for us, which tasted ever so good! …. “De-lish!”…. We also got the back patio furniture out and I washed off the layer of dust. This also was the first day I got the hammock out. I really wanted to just lay back in it this afternoon; however, I was finding it hard to get in relaxation mode after being so productive on Saturday.


Instead I decided to get my pastels out and doodle a little while as I sat outside enjoying the great day. This was my first art project since November, and first since I had my eye surgery in January. I started with just a small piece of paper which I could hold in my lap…. I enjoyed painting clouds, but not yet happy with the landscape portion. It’s still a work in progress.




Next I got my bike out for the first time this spring and rode up to the video store to return a movie we rented last night. It was an older movie from around 1990 called “Mr. and Mrs. Bridges”. This movie had Paul Newman and his wife Joan Woodward playing a married couple in the late 1930’s and 40’s. The reason we wanted to watch this movie was that it was filmed in Kansas City and there were many KC references. All in all, I found the movie a little slow… and I even started to fall asleep during the last ½ hour of the movie. But it was an interesting study of communications in a family which appeared to be rather dysfunctional.

I have several fun things to blog about this week. I just hope I can get back in the mood to write. For now I’m headed to the soaking tub and to bed early! Tomorrow is a new day.

ADDENDUM: after 9.5 in bed, I do feel better this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment