Friday, May 8, 2009

Six unimportant things

5-8-09 unimportant brain
I’m replying to a blog challenge (a “tag” game) and I encourage others who want to play to join this thought-provoking endeavor (tongue in cheek). This “tag” game is: Name SIX unimportant things which make you happy.

The first thoughts that spring into my brain are these things, pictured below, which I consider unimportant.... but they do make me happy, (in no particular order):

1. A Soap Opera: I’ve been watching The Bold and the Beautiful since it started in 1987. I like it because it is about fashion and silly family feuds with glamorous people. The best aspect is that this is only a half hour show, thus the plot moves fairly fast. I tape it everyday, although if I time lunch at 12:30 PM, I can watch while I eat.





2. Tree Confetti: It’s so fun to see the pink confetti floating in the breeze. This is my neighbor's across the street.



3. Playing cat: Cats in general just make me happy! A playing cat is even better! This is Max the neighbor cat. (This might not qualify, since I probably view CATS as VERY IMPORTANT)



4. White bench in front yard: Since we don’t have a large front porch to “sit a spell”, I enjoy sitting here when visiting with passing neighbors.



5. Epsom Salts: Soaking away the soreness of old age makes be feel happy. Use at least 2-3 cups in a bath tub of warm to hot water.







6. Chai tea in my chipped “Judy” cup: Hot Chai with soy is my morning drink. This is my source for caffeine and is easier on my stomach than coffee. Using this chipped cup, which I've had for 30 years, reminds me that even if I am old, worn and chipped, I’m still functional!




PS: If you accept the challenge of this "tag game"... it is not necessary to include pictures. I did just so I wouldn't have to write as much.






1 comment:

  1. I LOVE tree confetti :) I always wondered what to call it. Now I know!

    ReplyDelete