Tuesday, December 8, 2009

More Pearl Habor story

12-8-09 honoring brain
Yesterday, I talked about what Pearl Harbor Day means to Greg and I, however the day is also important to my family for other reasons. My Mother's relative, I believe it was her cousin, Ray Wilson, was killed that day on the USS Arizona ship.

Mom's aunt, Reca, was the grandmother of Ray.... so not sure of the official name for that type of relative. As a child, I grew up knowing this and remembered that we had some of Ray's navy hats and clothes in our basement. Ray was a thin guy, as I suppose most young men of that era were.

I remember wearing his navy jacket and hat once in Jr. High as a costume and it fit me perfect.

This picture I scanned from some material my Mother has included in one of the scrap books she has made for me.



Here is Web site: on Pearl Harbor where you can find list of those who died.

One day, I would like to go to Hawaii to see the memorial there of the Arizona ship. Hummmmm.... looking at the picture of Ray, I'm wondering if he had blue eyes like me, perhaps this is who I get my nose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment