Wednesday, December 9, 2009

snow Snow SNOW

12-9-09 sleepless brain
Des Moines has been dumped on- Tuesday all day it snowed and into the night. Now today we have blizzard warnings since all this fluffy snow is blowing about. I woke up at 3:00AM to the sound of freight train winds.... can't sleep so decided to get up at 5:00AM..... I hate when sleeplessness visits me.

I'm not leaving the house today! But I'm lucky to live in a neighborhood that is has a high walkability score. Only 1/2 block away we have a good locally own restaurant and I walked there Tuesday night to get a pizza to bring home which fed me last night and will be my lunch today. At 5:30PM, I was the only one in the restaurant. They were begging me to say and eat, just for the company. I doubt if anyone else came all night long.

While my pizza order was being made, I walked another 1/2 block to the grocery store. My cupboards were bare, since Greg and I are due to leave town for a trip to Ohio, but our trip is now being postponed until maybe we can leave on Thursday.

It was actually kind of fun being out in the snow Tuesday night, when only a few brave souls are out. I would never get the car out in all this snow, but I'll bundle up and walk without hesitation.

I love this song from White Christmas.... and this time of year, I try to entice Greg into singing along with me. Greg sings well, I sing off key, but that doesn't stop me!




Unfortunately today, I'm in a crabby mood, even this clip only slightly puts a smile on my face. It's a snow day here, but when you work out of your home office, there is always work that can be done.

This is going to be a long day........

PS: I forgot to mention the -6 degree wind chill this morning......

8 comments:

  1. I had the same thought -- but EVERYONE is home IN MY HOME OFFICE today :( Snow days for everyone else isn't a snow day for me. I plan to take mini breaks today. Put on some island music and eat some pineapple! Ha. Hang in there. The sun will come out tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When I no longer thrill to the first snow of the season, I'll know I'm growing old."
    -Lady Bird Johnson

    UH OH, JUDY, Snap out of it! And she's even a democrat! :) Hope I brought a smile to your face today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to enjoy this.... but worry about our travel plans. Guess I just need to give that up!
    Then maybe I can enjoy the day.

    I can't even get my doors open, the snow has blown in front of them at least 18 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8:15AM news report: 14.5 inches of snow in Des Moines, wind gusts up to 50mpr. National Guard being called to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, you guys got slammed! So far we're just getting the 60mph winds!

    I just watched "White Christmas" a couple of days ago while I decorated the tree. "Snow" is my favorite song in that movie. I always go around singing if for hours afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the post and the v-clip. Stay warm. Lots of love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just watched White Christmas this weekend, almost 2 times! I love it as much each time. I was singing "What do you do with a General?" all day today, sort of weird to hang on to that song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Molly, that is a strange one to have in your head!.... oh no.... now it's in my head!

    ReplyDelete