Friday, February 5, 2010

Snowing cats and dogs.... AND squirrels

2-5-10 nutty brain
This morning I have a herd of squirrels in my back yard enjoying the sunflower seeds I put out. (or is it a gaggle, flock, horde, crowd or a mass of squirrels? ….Well there was a bunch of them anyway. I counted 9 at one time. My usual is a family of four.


Yes, I can report it is actively snowing again today. They say we are only expected to get 1-3 inches THIS time. But we’ll see….

We have officially broken a record here in Iowa earlier this week. Old record was 54 straight days of at least 4 inches of snow on the ground back in 1961-62. This year we are on day 57 of at least 5 inches of snow on the ground…. And no sign of melting anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, I have NEVER seen that many squirrels in one place. That one should go to WHOTV! Ed loves squirrels :D. I have 2 hanging from my feeders...the same 2 every year!

    ReplyDelete