Monday, March 1, 2010

Suddenly summer?

3-1-10 retreat brain
Suddenly no heavy winter coat is necessary… I feel a bit naked…. But definitely free and lighter!…. I believe my spirit is also starting to feel this way. I hope this week away will be the thing to refresh me.

However, this week away is a working vacation. Greg is busy with a class all day, all week, and I am busy meeting my deadlines for completing my five presentations for a training workshop in March. But I surely will enjoy the change of scenery, and appreciate the fact that I could tag along with Greg on this trip to Arizona.

I don’t know why, but I have been struggling a bit over the last few weeks....OK... maybe for the whole month of February....having a feeling of not being comfortable in my own skin….it happens from time to time- and usually those are the times I learn something new about myself and about life… so it's not a bad thing, just some uncomfortable growing pains.

I think of this as the need to shed my skin from time to time, or punching my way out of a cocoon so I can continue to evolve. Sometimes it can be a messy- ugly process, other times just a slight bump in the road....Or it might be that I just need to be taking my Vitamin D more regularly in the winter months.
.

Note: I'm listening to a lot of music and staying away from the News and Politics, which were frustrating me so.

Words from Alanis Morissett song, "Not As We"....
Reborn and shivering
Spat out on new terrain
Unsure, unconvincing
This faint and shaky hour….
Day one, day one, start over again
Step one, step one, I’m baring making sense
For now I’m faking it, til I’m pseudo making it
From scratch ….begin again.


PS: Happy Birthday to my best friend- Greg! Glad we can be together in the same state, same hotel room, on this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment