Saturday, May 29, 2010

Is this a WEED?

5-29-10 nature brain

In my the back part of my garden, I found this new plant. I think I need to assume this is a weed, since I don't remember planting anything new in this location.

Does anyone know if this is worth keeping? Look close, there is a flower starting to bloom.... looks purplish.

It could be one of those weeds I allow in for awhile, then I regret it, since it begins to spread!




PS: I was so excited Friday to see at least 6 Waxwings in my neighbor's Service berry tree, eating the berries which are just starting to turn red and ripe. I looked again later and a Robin had taken over. I look forward to this every year, and have noted the berries ripen usually the first part or mid June. I have a great viewing point on the 2nd floor from the bathroom window as I sit on the pot.

It's a Holiday weekend, so will try to break away from the blog for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. The birds might have planted something. If it isn't too invasive, you could leave it. If it gets out of hand, there's always Round-Up!

    ReplyDelete