Monday, May 3, 2010

Mowing Meditation... and MORE

5-3-10 weekend recuperating brain

(PS: Happy 4th Birthday to nephew Brennan)

Sunday late morning, I had to break Sabbath and mow the Des Moines yard while I had the chance. I actually enjoyed a leisurely and mindful mowing, and this was good for me to reconnect with the home front, since lately I’ve been spending most of my time in the car, it seems, and hardly here in Des Moines.

I arrived in Des Moines Wednesday night after being in KC for a week. Then to turn around this weekend and get in the car again (this time WITH Greg) and we headed up to NW Iowa to the “Iowa Great Lakes”: Spirit Lake and Lake Okoboji. Sad to say, this was my first time ever, in this part of Iowa.



So the weekend was a whirlwind, just the opposite of last weekend. Last weekend there was a Mini Cooper event in KC, many people showed up, but we were rained out and I was then bored.

This weekend, Mini Cooper event in Iowa, only a few showed up, the weather was great, and I saw and learned so much in one day, I won’t even be able to begin to tell you all about it. First, up front, I will show you the silly pictures of Greg and I…

It was really WINDY... thus I had to keep my ears covered.



Fun House mirrors from the original Arnold's Park (more on this later in the week)



We toured the Iowa Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (more on this later in the week)



And this is where we stayed. Lake front, older motel called Four Seasons. I can’t really recommend it. We enjoyed the “lake side” part of it, but otherwise it needed a good cleaning, new mattress, and they need to include shampoo and hair dryer in the room if they want to at least earn 3 out 5 stars of Judy’s rating.



BUT the sunset view from our room was very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment