Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Saturday with friends

5-11-10 goofy brain
Since Ann came down to the Art Show Friday evening, she stayed with Greg and I Friday night. We had Saturday morning plans to pick Molly up at 10:15 AM at the Volvo dealership where her car was to get serviced…. So a typical late Saturday morning breakfast at First Watch restaurant occurred, with Ann and Molly joining us. Of course Ann had been up early (but not her usual early)…. But early enough to have been scouting out garage sales in our area.

Ann came back with some good stuff, so after breakfast, the four of us went to two estate sales which Ann had spotted. At the first house, we had fun goofing around and looking over some vintage clothing. Some were very cool, but even too small for me. At the second house, Molly enjoyed diving into the walk in closet and picking out things for me! I spent $20 and bought a next to new lime green spring coat, two classic blouses, Ralph Lauren…. And another blouse which still had the sales tag attached.

Here we are trying on some old hats!



Ann bought some wine glasses, and Greg found some old car license plates which he likes to collect and an old folding measuring stick, which brought back memories for me, as I played with one of these in my childhood., and I hadn’t see one in ages.


Saturday late afternoon, Molly went home to have a date night with Jeff, and Ann was off to her next adventure visiting other KC friends, so Greg and I went out for dinner to great new Mexican restaurant we recently discovered called Los Cabos. When we returned home, Greg started a project to sand and refinish some teak deck chairs, and I decided to practice some chalk art. (more pictures tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment