Monday, May 10, 2010

KC ART SHOW

5-10-10 satisfied brain
The Art Show on Friday evening at Village Church in KC turned out to be a fun event. Many artists of all types filled five large rooms, with many people attending to enjoy the hors d’oeuvres, music and art and photography.
(This picture is of some children's art)

Thanks to Greg for his help…. I guess this was kind of like attending a car show for him, except it was held inside and art was on display instead of cars.

The theme of the art show was advertised as “Peace, Love and Friendship“…. I didn’t know what to expect, so from my prior experience with art exhibits at my Des Moines church, this lead me to believe the art should center around the theme…. Which was not the case here, except it appeared that theme was used by the children’s art display…. And mine!



I purposely selected only my art pieces which fit the theme. For me it was like being on the TV show “Project Runway”…. creating pieces which were different, but which as a group worked nicely together. And I was satisfied with the outcome of my display.

I was thrilled that Molly attended and brought friends LeAnn and Mary along…. And my friend Ann drove in from Des Moines as a special treat for me…. Ann even surprised me with flowers for my KC “debut”….. How sweet was that!








More about the weekend tomorrow….

No comments:

Post a Comment