Wednesday, November 10, 2010

More DC: Experience the Rally

11-10-10reminiscing brain
My birthday weekend.....
For those of you who did not get to watch any of the Rally to Restore Sanity on October 30th, and you are curious. You can watch it HERE.

or at this link
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/rally_to_restore_sanity_and_or_fear/index.jhtml

Also this is a small video clip which I took to show what it felt like to be in the huge sea of humanity. Thanks Ann for helping me post the video. This shows one of my favorite signs.... A guy named Ray, trying to get a date!

Washington DC Rally, October 30, 2010 from Drake Smart on Vimeo.



Another experience I had while in DC was to see Fox News doing what it does best.... "fair and balanced" you ask? NOPE!

When we got back to our hotel room Saturday evening after the rally and we were surfing the TV channels, we came upon Fox News with a clip from the Rally. Basically what the Fox reporter had to say was that he saw someone dress up in a marijuana leaf costume... that someone knocked his camera out of his hand, and people were high and drunk.

Well, I can report also that yes- I too did see this marijuana leaf costume, along with many other costumes for Halloween. However, I never smelled pot in the air, or I never saw anyone high or drunk.

Of all the things that Fox could have reported on, and all the thousands of people Fox could comment on or interview.... they reported on the guy dressed in the pot leaf costume.

Jon Stewart addresses the "media" here in this video.
The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
MSNBC Suspends Keith Olbermann>
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorRally to Restore Sanity

No comments:

Post a Comment