Thursday, November 10, 2011

More Peace

11-10-11 busy brain
The last few weeks, after work in the evenings, I have felt like I've got myself a second part-time job. I've been working hard on getting ready for this Holiday Craft Bizzare over at Church on Saturday. There has been framing, creating notecards, organizing, getting the display layout set up, deciding on pricing.... and other odds and ends.

Here is one of my newer favorite PEACE created this week, not yet framed

Saturday should be a fun day, despite the work, since Molly is coming to town to help me at my booth, and Ann has volunterred to help and I am looking forward to other friends who said they are coming to shop. However, I'll admit, I'm looking forward to next week, after this show- to be able to kick back a little more in the evenings. (except to work on my large pixel artwork for January deadline)

All this busyness had me thinking about a poem I wrote back in 2002 and the feelings of peace I am now  longing for- especially this time of year as the days get shorter.... I need more sleep and I'd rather be curled up in front of the fireplace reading a good book.

Time to Be Happy



To be happy-
I need time on my hands,
Thick, sticky time that doesn’t slip through my fingers,
Solid time that won’t evaporate into haste.


Time to look beyond the busyness-
Time to study the birds gathering at the feeder,
Time to gaze at the lingering sunset,
Time to lie back in the grass staring up at the stars,


Not time to think, or even the time to dream-
But time just to let my mind wander closer to heaven.
Time like now, listening to these quiet words in my head,
And the silent peacefulness in my heart.


God is here-
Trying to come though,
If only I take the time-
Time to be happy


Judy Sebern Beachy
Thanksgiving 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment