Monday, December 6, 2010

December denial

12-6-10 ba-hum-bug brain

The lights are shinning bright in our KC neighborhood…. So it is getting harder to ignore… only 3 weeks until Christmas.



But I’m a bit in shock about it, and in denial. I’m not ready for winter and Christmas this year… although I have my gift shopping done… I’m resisting the rest of it.

I just don’t feel like I have the energy to get on board the hectic seasonal rush of demands of decorating, baking cookies, sending out 70 Christmas Cards…. And so on.

This year, I am going to try to experience a more relaxed Christmas …. So sorry everyone…. No Christmas letter from Greg and I this year. It’s probably good to take a break every 18 years or so…. And now we are so connected on Facebook, everyone already knows how we are.



I believe one of the reasons I’m resisting December is that last winter was agonizing. The snow started early in December and lasted into February. I was able to stay positive most of this time, but late January’s ice storm broke my spirit…. And I still haven’t completely recovered yet.



PS: This morning there are light snowflakes in the air in Des Moines! OH NO... it's starting!

No comments:

Post a Comment