Thursday, December 9, 2010

This and that: December remembrances

12-9-10 December brain

I was privileged to have met Elizabeth Edwards back in Dec 2007. We shook hands and I had the opportunity to visit with her for a few minutes (thanks to Heather, the campaign worker who stayed in our guest room) ….and I gave her some of my art note cards. I’ve always wondered if Elizabeth had used my note cards and wondered who might have received these… who actually has laid eyes on my art work through these cards?

I have Elizabeth’s autograph on a campaign sign… I found this recently while cleaning out my guest room….under the bed…. I came close to throwing it out, but still holding onto it. (Sadly as you can see, not much “cleaning” progress is being made)



Nice quote by Elizabeth Edwards:
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you've lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that's good.”
This week I have been reflecting on “December”…. Two of the hardest days of my life occurred in December…. Then in turn the most joyous days also happened during December. (Met Greg, got engaged a year later, the births of my nephew and niece, my parents wedding anniversary; started my dream job in cancer research 12-5-83 .... to name some big joys)

These memories had me thinking about living with the hand you have been dealt….(usually a mix of good and bad)… Even when it’s a bad hand, living through it has purpose I believe….to learn and grow…. To learn to “bloom through adversity”. We all forget this at times. Struggles can have their sweetness, if you are open to the lessons.

I'm thinking of my church friend Terry who was just diagnosed with brain cancer this month... the worst type of brain cancer, a glioblastoma multiforme. His wife died suddenly in 2007 of a brain aneurysm. They are both in their 50's.

I’m missing John Lennon this month…. I know he wouldn’t support extending the tax cuts for the wealthy 1%...... even if he was among that group. Too bad most of our Congress/Senate people don’t have the spirit and soul of John Lennon…. Maybe only “artist” have that type of vision.

Nice quotes by John Lennon: simple truth...
“All I am saying is give PEACE a chance”

"Love is all you need"


(Warning: the song below has the F bomb a few times)

No comments:

Post a Comment