Friday, April 29, 2011

My lesson

4-29-11 thinking out loud brain
I have a lesson to learn, and I'm not doing well with it. It's about learning to pace myself, its about living a sustainable life. Me- on the other hand, I'm either moving high speed, eventually hitting the crash and burn stage.... that is where I am now.

I want to blame it on my split-in-two life of the past 3 years, but I know I've had this problem even before now. I can't seem to say no to activities, and I can't seem to learn to schedule in my own priorities into my schedule.

Oprah this week, gave me a wake up call on the show about "Feeling 20 Years Younger"...a new book by Bob  Green...... exercise, healthy eating, sleep and skin care. I've been neglecting all of these lately.

Also Greg pointed me in the direction of a good sermon series from Andy Stanley's church; "North Point Ministries".  BELOW is from their study materials found here: on Part Four on REST.
http://www.groupcurriculum.org/questions/index.jsp

INTRODUCTION

Can resting be a spiritual exercise? Can taking a nap be one of the most spiritual things you do today?


DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
1. What kind of person do you become when you are lacking rest? Are you more or less productive?
2. What are the most important things that come to mind when you think of spiritual disciplines? Where does rest fall on that list?
3. Read 1 Kings 19:1-9. God incorporates a pattern of activity and rest in Elijah’s life. Where else do you see a natural pattern of activity and rest?
4. Read Matthew 14:22-23. What steps can you take to incorporate rest into the rhythm of your life?
5. Is your ability (or inability) to rest an indication of your trust in God? Are you living at a sustainable pace?

Wishing myself a slow paced weekend.....

No comments:

Post a Comment