Thursday, June 2, 2011

The ART of Cleaning

6-2-11 worn out but happy brain
I loved my staycation- the 2.5 days off work which I spent cleaning my art room, plus a few minor cleaning chores, along with mowing and gardening too. Maybe I'm not so challenged when it comes to cleaning- I just need the time to do it. I actually enjoyed myself during this process.


My art room is now about 95% under control, and I have stared to do my creating this week on the long table which now spans the room. I have even set up my easel for another art project for the summer. I’ve been promising to do a pastel drawing of Violet, my housekeeper’s young daughter. Portraits aren’t my thing, but I’m going to give it a shot.

Here is my organized closet:


Here I have set up an area to store my Peace Art, until they get framed:



Here is an example of things I had to throw away:


This is a saved painting from childhood. I’m not sure how old I was… but it’s saved things like this which filled many boxes and baskets in my art room. (looks like I loved mixing paints even as a kid- this is where you put paint on one side of the paper, then fold together, then open!) It was hard parting with this, but I took a picture of it to save the memory, and then tossed it. (Just like Jean Ann would tell me to do!)

2 comments:

  1. You're way too organized for me. I'm the type whose office desk is always covered in papers from every aspect of my business day. I know where everything is but nobody else does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Cal Gal... Not sure if I can keep this clean and organized.. but we'll see how long it lasts!

    ReplyDelete