Friday, June 10, 2011

Boiling hot still...

6-10-11 end of week brain
Not much to write about. I've had a good work week, been productive.... and also enjoyed my KC time with Greg and Clover, and spend a little time with Molly as we played tennis twice in the heat (Saturday morning and Wednesday night). I'm bored with the heat and glad it is suppose to cool down some this weekend.

I've been avoiding listening to too much radio, TV or news.... but I have been up to date with the "Weinergate" news, thanks to Jon Steward.... and I'm already bored with it all, so I won't dwell on that here.

Instead..... much to your dismay probably.... Facebook this week drew me back into the past.....and my blood boiled again. It was the 10th anniversary of the Bush Tax Cuts. Sometimes I find myself fantasizing what life would be like today IF Al Gore had a full recount in Florida and was the President instead of Bush. It would probably be like living in an alternative universe. (That's my opinion anyway)....

.... President Bush inherited perhaps the strongest federal balance sheet in postwar history. There were record-high surpluses, debt was at around 30 percent of GDP and falling, and the Congressional Budget Office projected that the federal government would be debt free by 2009. The country was in great fiscal shape to deal with any crises or emergencies coming down the road, and it was even ready to deal with the coming retirement of the baby boom generation. But rather than follow President Bill Clinton’s successful lead, President Bush handed out gigantic tax cuts, with people at the top of the income ladder getting the biggest breaks......


 Read more at this link below. By Michael Linden, Michael Ettlinger
http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2011/06/bushtaxcuts_anniversary.html


Visiting the past can sometimes be a good escape! How else can I cool off?

No comments:

Post a Comment