Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Weekend Part II

6-28-11 weekend brain
On Saturday morning I had intended to go on the Beaverdale Garden Tour on my bike, since the gardens would be within a mile or two of our DM house. However, the weather didn't cooperate and with some steady rainfall for several hours, I scrapped the whole idea and just headed to KC a bit earlier than planned.

Saturday evening in KC was a planned Mini Cooper Club event at the ballpark. No, not the KC Royals, but the T-Bones. This is an independent league with a nice small stadium over on the west side near the race track. The evening was "Redneck night" at the ball park, so some of the Mini people dressed the part, and I am happy to say some of these Mini people are even more silly acting than I am.


Sunday, I was really feeling pooped since we were out late Saturday, but finally dragging myself out of bed and agreeing to attend a car show with Greg for an hour or so. It was hot and humid, but thankfully when we were at the show it became overcast with a breeze. But I was still getting a bit over heated.

This KC car show is special!  It was the "Art of the Car Concours" a benefit for the KC Art Institute and held on the beautiful tree filled lawn of the Institute. This is down by the Plaza by our old apartment building. This show had "vintage" and expensive cars from all around the world. Here are some of my favorites. After looking at the cars, I spent time people watching, then bird watching while Greg took his time.



















Look at Greg, he is so happy when he is walking among cars!


The winner of the show was this 1936 Scarab pictured below; I guess only 10 were ever made. That's the limit of my knowledge. It was very unique.


After the show we were able to meet up with Molly for a quick bite to eat. We delivered a "care package" from her Des Moines friends. Molly's husband Jeff had 5 hour bladder surgery on Monday, and the report on him is that the surgery went well. Here's hoping Jeff has a fast recovery by taking it slow for a few days. It's hard to keep him down..... Molly will have her hands full this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment