Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer This and That

6-23-11 slow brain
Yesterday, I was sitting in my office with my winter slippers on my feet. Crazy for the 2nd day of summer when the temps were only mid 60’s with gusty winds. Sue and I were going to play tennis in the evening…. Just to keep me in the rhythm when in DM, so I can continue to play with Molly during my times in KC, BUT the weather just didn’t cooperate… we had drizzly rain after work. This was perfect weather for a hot soak in the tub prior to bed!

Here is my front garden this week.



Tuesday evening, I attended a Pamper Chef Party, only because Greg wanted a few items for the KC house. Ice Cream scoop and a good scraper. Since I don’t spend too much quality time in the kitchen…. I just couldn’t get too excited about all the gadgets.

Otherwise, there is not much going on in my life this week. Working at cancer abstracting by day, creating peace art at night.

The main person who organizes the art displays over at Westminster church is interested in hanging my Peace Art on the first floor gallery.... maybe this fall. That is exciting, much more framing to get done prior to that.


Friday night I will be volunteering again down at the Des Moines Art Festival. Art and music together ....no classic cars, so Greg won't be coming back to DM for this. This will be at least the 4th or 5th year I have been helping at the Drake University beverage booth. Ann got me into this in 2006, I believe, and Sue has joined in also the last few years. After our 3 hour shift, we hang out and look at the art and listen to the bands. This year the Smithereens! One of Greg's favorites back in the 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment