Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend Report Part I

6-27-11 blown to smithereens brain
Another busy weekend....  I realize many of my weekends are spent acting like I"m 30 years younger than I am, and due to all that activity I often find myself pooped out...... feeling "blown to smithereens".  I was so worn out by Sunday, not only did I have to take a late afternoon nap, but I also went to bed early. I seem to be feeling better now, Monday morning, but getting this blog posted later than normal.

Friday evening was spent down at the Art Festival in Des Moines.... a very cool event... rated one of the top 10 Art Festivals in the nation (by someone)... Ann, Sue and I started out first with our 2.5 hour shift selling water and  pop at the Drake University booth. Actually this is more physical than you would think dealing with the big tubs of ice. Notice I am wearing a long glove on one hand which allows for retrieving the cold beverages at the bottom of the tub.



Afterwards, we did get to walk through the art tents for awhile, but then were center stage to listen to the music.....


 which was one of Greg's favorite bands from the 80's.... The Smithereens. Since Greg wasn't able to attend, I felt moved to fill in for him and stand stage front dancing and cheering on the band. I was the only one wearing an old Smithereens Concert shirt, which I found in Greg's closet... and this got me noticed by the lead singer-  Pat..... so I got my picture take with him prior to the concert. This was about the third time I had seen this group live, the first time was in 1991 when Greg took me to concert in Omaha. Another concert was in KC back in the late 90's with Greg and Molly.

No comments:

Post a Comment