Monday, August 29, 2011

Balanced Weekend

8-29-11 satisfied brain
I had a great weekend which felt full, yet balanced with the right amount of some fun, some productivity, some physical activity, and some relaxation. Friday night we went to the movie “The Help”. It was a good movie, but darn- I had just finished reading the book, which I liked very much….. so when it came to watching the movie, half of my brain was busy comparing the two, so I felt like I didn’t enjoy the movie as much as everyone else. I never know if one should even bother going to a movie if you have read a book, or do you read the book after seeing a moving? I will say, the movie “The Help” did a great job at covering the book.

I did some work further on my “Fudge” artwork piece for my KC neighbors. It’s a pixel project which is like putting a jigsaw puzzle together, but not knowing what the puzzle is a picture of yet. I’m making it up as I go along.


Had some “girlfriend” time this weekend- lunch at a wonderful Greek restaurant called “Never on Sunday”…. Really best Greek food I have ever had, at a reasonable price. Then we did a little shopping. We discovered the Halloween decorations were already out at Von Maur. One of the little independent local shops we were at is interested in selling my peace art!
We didn't buy the witch hats, but 3 out of the 4 of us bought new jeans!
Greg and I did a 2.5 hour outdoor house project, trimming more bushes….. that pretty much wore me out, so the rest of Sunday was resting and relaxing.


Today is the first day of Kindergarten for my nephew Brennan out in Pennsylvania.

No comments:

Post a Comment